I hope you are all having a lovely relaxed Sunday. I’m sorry I haven’t posted earlier in the week, I’ve been busy with work and on top of it I’m loaded with the flu (ugh! Feel so rough).
So, I recently purchased an Urban Decay Vice Lipstick. To my surprise there are 100 striking shades in 6 different finishes.
- MEGA MATTE: super-intense matte
- COMFORT MATTE: our creamiest matte
- CREAM: the original: creamy, badass luxury
- METALLIZED: cream with a high level of pearl
- SHEER: a punch of colour with a sheer, shiny finish
- SHEER SHIMMER: slightly transparent finish with floating pearl and a smooth texture
Having known this at the time of my purchase, I probably would have cracked with confusion. Luckily for me, my purchase was driven by 1 swatch on the hand and there I have it the Comfort Matte Lipstick in the shade ‘Checkmate’.
I absolutely love the name of this lipstick…. Checkmate, Checkmate, Checkmate – I mean if you say it once, twice, three times, there definitely is something cool, catchy and edgy about it!
And if the name isn’t enough, this gorgeous pink-fuchsia shade just screams ‘BUY ME!’ It is bold, bright and breathe-taking. This lipstick retails for £15 and can be purchased directly from the Urban Decay, Debenhams and Feelunique website (just to name a few).
The packaging is beautiful, simple and elegant, I believe it holds true to Urban Decay’s style. I love the fact the UD logo is engraved on the lids packaging on the side and top.
According to the Urban Decay website, this creamy formula is loaded with nourishing ingredients. A yummy butter blend comforts, hydrates and enhances, leaving lips soft and conditioned, never dry. Aloe vera, jojoba, avocado and babassu oils nourish and soften lips. Illipe butter (derived from Malaysian illipe trees) provides long-lasting moisture. And Vitamin C and vitamin E provide a hit of antioxidants. I will be testing just how nourishing, hydrating and long-lasting this lipstick is on my lips.
One swipe of this Vice lipstick and I’m in love! Why?
- 1 swatch provides an insane amount of pigment
- The lipsticks creamy texture allows the product to glide effortlessly without any dragging
- The product feels light, comfortable and gives an immense colour pay off
- It is moderately long wearing – I found once I had eaten/drank something the lipstick needed reapplying
- Other than that I love it and feel that the product is worth £15
- l definitely want to try more of their shades/formulas to review and test
Thank you for reading! If you have any post requests feel free to email them through!
You can find me on INSTAGRAM HERE
Until my next post, keep warm ❤